RESIDENCE PERMIT IN TURKEY
Foreigners must obtain a residence permit who intend to stay longer than the period allowed by a visa (90 days). There are different types of residence permits depending on the purpose of stay.
The types of residence permits:
- Short-term residency permit
- Family residency permit
- Student residence permit
- Long-term residence permit
- Humanitarian residency permit
For more information about the types of residence permits, you can contact us, or you can visit the official government website at www.goc.gov.tr
You can apply for a residence permit in person or through a legal representative.
In your first application for a residence permit or application for a change of permit, an application document is issued containing your identification data, application date, and appointment details. This document will permit you to stay in Turkey until your residency application is completed. However, the rights given by this document will end automatically if you leave Turkey.
When your application for a residence permit is finalized, the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management will issue the permit application document for you. You can stay outside of Turkey for up to 15 days with this document and the receipt indicating that you paid the application fee.
Applications for residency permits are concluded after an interview and an assessment period. The decision is made separately for each foreigner. As a general rule, an application is processed within 90 days. The applicant will be notified if the process takes longer than 90 days.
If your application for a residence permit is approved, your document/residence card that has your details, the foreigner identity number that starts with 99, and your area of residence is posted to the address that you stated during your application. Therefore, you must make sure that your details are accurate and thorough during your application.
Necessary Documentation for a Residency Permit Application
Especially foreign property buyers request to apply for Long-term Residential Permission in Turkey. Getting a residence permit is more straightforward than expected in Turkey. The following documents are required;
- Residence Permit Application Form.
- Photocopy of passport or travel document,
- Four (4) biometric photographs,
- Photocopy of the previous residence permit(if renewal).
- Original e-signed or signed and stamped/sealed document showing who has not received social assistance in the last three years.
- Original e-signed / signed and stamped/sealed document indicating sufficient and regular financial means during the stay.
- Criminal record (obtained from their country and Turkish judicial authorities.)
- Document/receipt showing payment of the residency permit card fee.
- Valid health insurance policy.
- Document showing that they registered in the Address Registration System.
- Document indicating the location of placement; If you are staying in your own house, a photocopy of the title deed.