Benefits of Mortgage Finance for Foreigners Purchasing a Home in Turkey
Mortgage Finance for Foreigners provides the simplest financing options for non-Turkish Residents who want to buy a home.
Characteristics of Foreigners’ Mortgage Finance
- At reasonable profit and allocation fee rates, a different payment schedule with a maximum duration of 120 months can be created.
- Up to 75% of the expert value for the soon-to-be-owned residence may be acquired by financing.
- Independent businesses that have been granted Capital Markets Board licenses carry out the real estate valuation (CMB).
- Turkish Lira Loan, Foreign Exchange Loan, and Foreign Currency Loan may be extended if the foreigner’s domicile is registered overseas. Loans are only given to people who live in Turkey in Turkish Lira.
Application Requirements for Foreigners Seeking Mortgage Financing
- The applicant must submit a mortgage request for financing support directly to the bank or provide a letter of proxy for a Turkish attorney or another person who is qualified to use loans and execute loan agreements.
- The application materials that must be presented must be written in the applicant’s native language.
- When issued abroad, these documents must be validated by the appropriate authorities in the issuing nation. And they must bear an “apostille” attesting to their validity. For the signatory nations to the 1961 Hague Convention, the apostille is recognized.
- A notary public office in Turkey must certify the translations made by sworn translators into Turkish before they may be used.
- Documents published in the official language of the nation of origin must first be validated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then by the Turkish Consulate if that country (like the United Arab Emirates) is not a party to the aforementioned Convention for apostilles.
- Sworn translators in Turkey are required to translate the certified documents into Turkish, and the translations must be notarized.
- The applicant is required to obtain approval from the necessary authorities before the sale is carried out. It must be in accordance with the guidelines outlined in the national regulations and laws.
- Properties marked “sales unavailable to foreigners” are not covered.